Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Just Life

Before I start getting into the good stuff, let me make it clear that I talked to my sister numerous times this week. Wouldn't want her freaking again :)

Lately, life has been showing itself to Derrick and I. In the past week, I have had a job interview, been rejected, dealt with the bank for charges we are disputing, been offered a minimum wage daycare position for a few hours everyday (that I turned down), been told my long term sub position would start sooner than expected, paid a lot more for one of my prescriptions than before my insurance changed! (still trying to get around this one :)) and gotten another interview for a position I am not sure is the perfect fit... whew!

Let's see.... I had an interview for a part-time special education position. It went well, but I did not get the job. It's discouraging, but I know it must not be the right one. My SISTER's boyfriend's dad knows a lady who works at a daycare here and I spoke with her about the possibility of a position. Right now, nothing will come of it, but if she gets approved for another Pre-K classroom, we will see. Got a call today about a position that I am cautious of. The interview is tomorrow morning. I am going, but it is definitely something Derrick and I will have to consider. More details soon!

A company online got our debit card number and made a charge. Not a large amount, but had to take care of that!

We also have joined a small group through our church, Browns Bridge. We are really excited! It's great to be a part of a group that is the same stage of life as we are! We met and formed Saturday night and all had dinner last night. We can't wait to see where this leads us!

Got to have lunch with Stephanie, one of my bridesmaids! We had not seen each other since the wedding! Anyways, it was great to just talk "married life" with her! I'm so fortunate I have a few friends who just got married, because I like to be reassured we're normal :) And we are, in case you were wondering :)

Derrick is not holding up his end of the Game Night for working out. I didn't need him anyways! Ugh. So now I have to work out for myself. Gah! But I am, and am going to start doing 5:30 AM workouts with a friend. Now, that's a big deal for me. Those who know me well, know that I go to bed early and sleep as last as possible. I love my sleep and I don't like it to be interrupted! I've already realized that no matter how much I love my husband, and no matter how much I want him to go to work with a full stomach, and no matter how much I really do want to cook for him, getting up at 7:00 to cook him breakfast just isn't going to happen.

Still not eating meat.... it's beginning to cause some problems. I'm having to get very creative in my cooking, but so far, so good! Everything I have cooked, we both like! I still cook meat for Derrick, and I just eat more veggies. I think he's hating it though, cause then I make him eat all the leftover meat for lunch that week to get it out of my fridge! Oh, the joys of our lives :)

Still haven't made it to a sewing class, but I am still just as excited about them! They are getting into some holiday decorations soon and I am pumped! and PJ pants. I love some comfy PJ pants!

How could I forget?! My sweet friend, Carole, came to visit this past week. She was visiting her Papa on the lake and was then making her way to her lake house, and stopped by. It ended up being longer than expected cause the weather was rainy! So, we had lunch, shopped on the square, and just hung out. And of course treated ourselves to the Fudge Factory! I mean, it's where I take everyone. It keeps them coming back to visit me :)

I think that's about all that's going on in our lives right now. Keep reading :) Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment