Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Day In The Life

I know, 2 posts in 2 days!! Be happy!

Let me just give you a little glimpse into my daily life. 5:45am workout, came back, cooked eggs and muffins, got ready, prepped for an interview, went to my interview, came home, started on my grocery list, got an offer on my interview, contemplated hard, discussed it with Derrick, mom, dad, previous professors, anyone who would listen :), accepted a job, finished my grocery list, went grocery shopping, bought enough groceries to last us a year, all while forgetting the one thing my husband asked for ;), came home, put it all away, went to Wal-Mart for that one thing, which turned into 10, came home, made a fruit bowl, chatted with Derrick at work, started to get concerned about the fruit/yogurt/cherrios concoction he wants to make when he gets home, and now here I am, blogging amidst my terribly busy day :)

Ok, so that's not the typical day in my life, but I want you to think it is :) Especially the early morning workout!

But yes, I accepted a job in White County today as a Special Education Parapro for 5/6th grade. It is definitely not what I have mentally prepared for over the past 4 years, but it's a job, and I'm still very excited about it and what it may bring! This also means I had to turn down the long-term sub position. It just seemed like the best thing to do right now. It's already so weird not constantly looking for jobs on TeachGeorgia or Craigs List, or all the other places I look for them! But I'm not complaining :) I start next Tuesday :)

So that's all I really wanted to say! Thanks for all your prayers!! I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. Next Tuesday?! THAT'S AWESOME! Your life is about to be that busy all the time now...enjoy your last weekend as a free woman and let's chat soon so I can hear all the details!

    You deserve it, Laur! :)

    ReplyDelete