Thursday, September 10, 2009

No Longer Unemployed

Well, I almost have my first week under my belt! It hasn't been bad. Everyone is so friendly and I am really enjoying myself. It is a lot like student teaching again, except I don't have the work to do when I get home, but I already know I will learn so much, so it's really a blessing! I'll just be extra prepared for, hopefully, next year, when I have my own room! However, it has worn me out! It's just the hours! I leave around 6:45, and by the time I get home, I stay awake as long as I can, eat, and hit the bed before 9:00. But I'm glad to be with the kids again! And no worries, I treated myself to a nice mani and pedi after my first day. Thank you Gold Nails and Spa.

Our Labor Day was wonderful. It was nice to have a long weekend before we would both be working! Derrick has been insisting on building a cornhole set. Well, I had no problems with it, didn't understand why he wanted one, but have at it. That was......until I realized we would be keeping them in our apartment! Ugh! It's not so bad, but he better be finding a good hiding spot for them. Anyways, the past week has been like having a newborn baby in our house. He is so particular and careful about these things. He built them at my parent's house and then came back and started sanding, in the apartment, so he quickly moved it outside, and then we painted the base coat. After our trip to Home Depot. Boy, was that a sight. There's so much learning to do when you get married. Somehow, I thought the paint magically appeared when you needed it. So anyways, now we are onto the details for the painting. Which, Derrick spent 5 LONG hours, creating a stencil for this project. I kid you not. I should have taken pictures of this whole ordeal. It would have been hilarious! He even asked me to paint after my first day of working. The picture of that face might have been terms for a motif, according to Lumpkin County Investigative Unit :) I don't even know if that exists, but it sounds good :) So now I am off to humor him and possibly start painting these masses of wood in my apartment. Oh.... the joys of marriage.

And now there is a large damp spot on our ceiling... this could get interesting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment