Thursday, August 13, 2009

Yes, No, Maybe Sew

First of all, I've decided I really hate having to come up with a title for my posts. I think that's the hardest part.

But anyways, I discovered sewing classes in Dahlonega! I am so excited. For those of you who don't know, a few years ago, I decided that I really wanted to start sewing. So "Santa" brought me a sewing machine for Christmas and I have loved it! I can't follow a pattern to save my life, but I can do my own stuff. I made one of those t-shirt quilts, which I started like 4 years ago and still have not put the backing on. Oh well. I sewed it at least! And I do random things occasionally, so I decided, while I'm unemployed, that I wanted to start taking classes and really learn how to do cool stuff, so I found some. I can't wait! They do workshops ever so often and I'm pumped!

On Tuesday, I got a manicure and pedicure. Let's just say, I felt like I was cheating on my husband it was so good. It's kind of sad that it has only been 2 months since my last one and it feels like it had been 2 years. I'm pretty spoiled, thanks Mom and Dad :) Anyways, the place I went to is not my usual place but I didn't want to go to Dawsonville or Gainesville so I stayed here. I will continue to go back! They give the best leg/foot massage I have ever had. It was amazing. So anyways, lately I have been seriously contemplating giving up meat. Now, I love meat. The reason I am struggling with this decision is mainly because I don't really know what to eat if I don't eat meat. Anyways, I say all that to say this: The nail tech randomly told me that he had just given up meat! I was so intrigued. So we went on to discuss it and he had been sober, if you will, for like 8 days or something. His goal was one month or so, so I was really encouraged! I'm still debating. Derrick practically collapses when I tell him about this, but he'll be ok :) I mean, maybe it's not for me, I don't know, but I want to try it. I've realized, since I've been married, how gross I think it is. Maybe it's cause I handle it a lot more than I used to, I don't know, but I'm pretty disgusted by it all. So we shall see!

I also told Derrick I really want to go to Colorado. Now, that has nothing to do with any of this, but I thought I would share anyways. Maybe we can go someday! Anyone want to join? We're lots of fun, promise!

Oh, and we have been married for 2 months today! yay! We're making it :)

4 comments:

  1. I was a vegetarian for a freaking year and some random person mentions it to you at the nail salon and you want to jump on board?!?!?! I am so offended! All you talked about was how ridiculous tofurkey is!!! Also, didn't you tell me like a week ago that the place in Dahlonega was crap?!?! I would think someone hijacked your blog- but only my baby sis would refer to a vegetarian as someone who was "sober" (rolling my eyes).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so this definitely just made me think how bad I need a pedicure! Maybe I will treat myself to one this weekend! Thanks for the idea :)

    And HAPPY 2 MONTHS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cuz,

    We were in Colorado two years ago, round about May. We spent a week in Colorado Springs and had a blast. We saw pikes peak and the garden of the gods. Had a blast.
    Little Ron

    ReplyDelete