Monday, August 24, 2009

Birthday Weekend

As I sit here writing this, Derrick has the day off and has decided to make a run to Home Depot, aka The Mall for him, to figure out the cost of making a cornhole game. Now, I love cornhole, however, I'm not sure where he plans on a.storing it and b. using it. For those of you who do not know, N. GA does not have a football team and you don't see too many people playing cornhole at the baseball or basketball games. Ohhh, Derrick.

I left the blog up last night as I was contemplating blogging, but didn't, and Derrick ventured into the office, and I noticed him reading it. He definitely does not keep up with it! It was pretty funny. I don't think he realized I blogged about him. ha. I came in and said "What are you doing?" and he said "Don't talk to me." Ha. He was kidding, of course.

Well, this weekend we celebrated Derrick's 25th birthday! ahh! He's so old :) When he woke up, I, with a sweet smile on my face, asked "can you still see and hear?" He didn't find it as funny :) Well anyways, on Friday we had his birthday dinner at Kani House. Derrick and I look for any reason to eat there! And on Saturday, I surprised him with tickets to the braves game for us and some friends! It was wonderful, and of course we finished it with a trip to the Varsity. Let's just say it was quite the different experience eating a BLT without the B instead of a hamburger! But I'm staying strong! His parents visited on Sunday, after church, and had lunch. Steaks for them, MorningStar nuggets for me :) Thank God for MorningStar!

I had a great phone call about a possible job/interview this morning, so I'm excited about that! I will blog about it more when it's more official! But as for now, subbing is still in the stars for me.

Keep Reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment