Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dr. Holmes

No, neither Derrick nor I have our Doctorate degree but one of us in the family thinks we might.... keep reading to figure out who :)

On Wednesday afternoon, I started feeling a little under the weather. My throat was hurting and I just felt like the commercial where the head is a balloon and is floating away from the body. Anyways, I felt bad. Well, apparently Derrick was a doctor in another life, because his favorite thing to do seems to be to get the brightest flashlight he can find and inspect whatever it is that is hurting me. This did not go over so well with me. First of all, I hate bright lights. They give me headaches, literally. Second of all, I don't like to be bothered when I don't feel good. It may sound bratty, but I can't help it. And third of all, all I can think about is how he has not a clue what he is looking for. So here I stand, mouth open wide, bright lights in my eyes, a concerned look on my husband's face, all for him to say, "ohh... I can't tell." WELL DUH! Needless to say, I was hoping my sore throat would go away quickly or I was scheming on slipping some Benadryl into either my food or his, so I could quickly fall asleep or have him sleep through the night, without bothering me :) Luckily, I didn't have to do either. Good thing we're still newlyweds and I like him being awake, otherwise that might now have been the case :) However, I hate to say this did happen a couple other times. But I don't know why he was so tired later on that night ;)

Then, I stayed home on Thursday, with plans to schedule a doctor's appt for the next day, cause I hate going when they might not find anything, and say come back. So my persistent husband came in, not to check on me, but to see if I had called the doctor yet. I kept putting it off and finally, I started to have daytime nightmares about the flashlights in my eyes, and quickly dialed. Luckily I did, cause they could only fit me in on that day. Otherwise, I would have had to wait till Monday, or later! Let's just say it's much better when a doctor shines lights all over your face and gives you prescription drugs when he's done. Much unlike the "doctor" in our house!

Today we went to the Pumpkin Patch with my sister and her bf. We got our pumpkin! yay! Although, I must admit, with such a huge selection, I find it very difficult to pick the "right" one. It's a lot like picking the right man. But we won't get into details :) But now the Auburn game is on so no telling when we will carve it. We had plans to today but grocery shopping had to be done first!

Speaking of football season, I find myself being much more productive while College Game Day and a different assortment of games on. There is a lot more time to clean and get organized, and more importantly, BLOG! Although, I am finding myself more and more interested in these Auburn games.

More updates coming, keep reading :)

3 comments:

  1. Can you please tell me more about how picking out a pumpkin is like picking out a man!? We had fun with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I can explain the flashlight thing. Our parents used to do that to us ALL the time when we had a sore throat. I think he's supposed to see if your tonsils are inflamed. Problem is, I'm not sure he knows what they look like. ;) And we really have to get you watching more Georgia games; red is MUCH better than orange! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie- that's a conversation for us... with no one around... wouldn't want them seeing the "real" us. ha.

    Allyson- well, at least it isn't his own tactic! however, i wish he would have picked up on the commentary i'm sure your parents were giving, instead of " uhh... I don't see anything... what should it look like?" ha! he tries

    ReplyDelete