Friday, July 17, 2009

One Month and Counting...

Well, I have decided to start a blog, entertaining you with our stories of life as newlyweds! This should be fun. You can thank my dear friend, Carole, for the title of our blog. Home Sweet Holmes was taken! Anyways, here are a few reasons of why I want to start this:

a. It was suggested to me by one of my cousins that Derrick and I get a calendar and mark certain days that interesting things happen or when we make big purchases, etc. He said that he and his wife, who have been married for a quite some time, did this and they love to look back over it and are flooded with memories. The way things have been lately, I knew this would give us quite a few laughs in the coming years! So this is my version of that!

b. I'm unemployed currently and have nothing better to do than keep up with my typing skills :)

c. How neat would it be for our children (and no children comments, please! At least 3-5 years. Our plan: yes; God's Plan: I hope so!) to be able to go back and look through this when they are grown. Their parents love story, right here! chessy, I know. Deal with it.

d. I thoroughly enjoying reading other people's blogs. Even if I don't know them! Creepy, maybe, but I like it!

So, those are the current reasons behind this blog!

I, Lauren, will probably be the only one ever updating. I highly doubt Derrick will be involved with this, but have no fear, his stories will definitely be posted!

We have been married for just over a month now. Had the best wedding day anyone could ask for. It was truly the best day of my life. Everything went perfectly! We ventured to Jamaica for our honeymoon and had such a wonderful week! We were sad for it to come to an end but excited to start our lives in the real world together. And when I say real world, I mean Derrick work and me re-decorate! So, since then, I have done a 360 on this apartment and it finally feels like a little home!

Derrick's parents visited on Tuesday and it was nice to hang with them and have them see the apartment! His mom taught me how to cook okra, which let's just say, was not as easy for me as it must be for her! Let's just say, the windows had to be opened! Luckily, we still have a place to live :)

My parents and brother came up on Wednesday to see the new apartment and loved it! It was great to see them, too. Currently, I see them about every week. Thank God we didn't move states away, cause I'd definitely be having a hard time!

Leslie ended up stopping by Thursday morning, as she was in the area, for about an hour or so. We had a good little chat! Not sure if I can post about it yet, so you'll have to wait :)

Well, that catches us up on about the last month, give or take some things, but all in all, we love being married!!!

Here are some wedding pics to enjoy:










1 comment:

  1. Lauren,

    Sorry we missed your wedding. Thanks for sending us the blog about your 1st month. Tennille and I will pray that you and Derrick will have a long and happy life together.

    Your cousin Ronald

    ReplyDelete