Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Next Steps...

Well, not much to update about really! Derrick went and saw Harry Potter with some friends on Friday. I'm just a. not a movie person and b. not a HP person so while he did that, I enjoyed a night in. Saturday, we went to the Braun-Earnest wedding and celebrated with them! Sunday was church and that's about it!

I've become pretty lame on Mondays. I literally sit around and wait for the Bachelorette to come on. It's ridiculous. And next week is the Season Finale! Ahh! I don't know what I'm gonnd do now!

Lately, through the week I have been taking lots of naps. At first, I felt very lazy, then I realized it was because my lack of sleep at night! Let me preface what I am about to say with this: I love my husband dearly and I love the apartment we have and thank God every day for it, because had we not had this apartment, Derrick and I would have had to postponed the wedding. So I'm not complaining, just stating the facts. Nonetheless, I can not wait until we can have a KING bed. Ugh. We have a full right now and it is just not cutting it! And it doesn't help that out room is 28486204187 degrees at night. For as long as I can remember, I've had a full bed. The only difference is back then, it was ONLY ME! Luckily, I love naps and if I could just take really good naps for the rest of my life and skip a full night's sleep, I'd do it. The more I think about it, kids and I might really agree one day! So other than that, I have no complaints about the married life :)

Derrick and I have also been looking for the TV we want to buy. For those of you who don't know, we decided to forgo the traditional wedding gifts to one another, and opted to purchase a large flat screen TV. We still gave small wedding gifts, but wanted to make our first big purchase together instead. So, we have been shopping around for those. Hopefully we will find our deal soon!

We have also been looking into getting new cell phones. We're both still on our parents family plans and need to get our own! So we are in the process of that. Trying to decide between ATT and Verizon, and it seems like Verizon is a. the most recommended and b. the cheapest, surprisingly!

My plan for the next couple of weeks is to start scrapbooking! I have always wanted to do this, but just never got my ducks in a row. So, I am finally going to do it! Starting with engagement and leading up the wedding. I'm really excited!

For those of you who know me, know that I do not know how to write in cursive. After fourth grade, I was never required or asked to write in cursive, so I lost all ability. Literally. I can do my first name, but my former last name, not so much. So it's obvious that me trying to write Holmes is really sad. It really bothers me, so I've decided I'm going to teach myself! I'm really excited about this too! I have a plan of how I am going to do this... I don't want the traditional 2nd grade cursive so I picked a font on the computer that I like and I'm going to attempt to teach myself. I mean, it can't be that hard. I taught Kindergartners how to write the alphabet in print, so it's the same, except I'm 22 and it's cursive. So, yay!

Derrick tries to convince me every day that he needs a shotgun. ha. He's funny. The day of the wedding, he and the guys went to a Sporting Clay place. Let me just say, this was his FIRST time. Ok, so they all loved it and became obsessed and ever since then Derrick thinks he needs his own shotgun. Ummmm. no! I told him once he goes 10 times, we will talk about it. He's on 2. I'm winning :)

5 comments:

  1. So, I'm thinking that after you spend the 20 minutes it is going to take you, as an adult, to learn to make your H a bit more loopy that we come up with something together to do every Monday... run, paint pottery, try a new restaraunt, or volunteer somewhere. Get back to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want you to know that i think that me getting a shotgun is more important than you scrap booking. this purchase would not only benefit the fun side but also the pratical side as well. it could provide food and defense for the both of us. quit being a wet blanket on my ideas and wants.

    p.s.: if you didn't produce soo much body heat there would be no problem

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loooooving the blog!!! I check way more then I should for updates to read :) I'm so glad you are both doing so well!! Misssssss you!!!

    Joey

    ReplyDelete
  4. i won't partake in marital disputes on our married and lovin' it blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure it's the bed and not Derrick's snoring?

    ReplyDelete