Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Fun

Well, who doesn't have fun at Thanksgiving?! Well, I'm sure plenty of people don't, but, luckily, we could! I went to my parent's house on Tuesday morning, to go wedding dress shopping with Leslie and my mom and William's mom. We had a blast, and she found the dress! Yay! So I stayed the night, and Derrick joined on Wednesday night. Family was in town, and we had fun doing all the cooking! We saw Blindside on Thursday afternoon, and it was wonderful!

On Friday, we had plans to leave the house at 3:30, to get to Wal-Mart for the deals we were after! Well, we overslept, and didn't wake up till a little after 4! We rushed and made it out by 4:30. We got to Wal-Mart, split up, and were on the mad dash for our items! We were both going after different things first, but were on the lookout for all the things we wanted. Well turns out, all the things we wanted were on my side of the store! So here I am, no cart in hand, with a Kitchen Aid mixer, a Blu Ray player, a mini chopper, and still on the lookout for the item I wanted. That's right.... I wish I had a picture to share with you all. Lucky for me, people clearly saw my hands were full, and let me in and out of their cart contraption they had going on. I made it to the opposite side of the store, just in time to get the item I wanted. This item is someone's present, which is why I can't name it! After that, we went to the Buford area, and then ventured to the mall. Bath and Body Works got lots of our business too! But we had a good time! We met Derrick's mom, and shopped till about 5! Count it.... 13 hours of shopping! That may be a record for me. I slept till almost 1 today! And I am so sore! Derrick did better than me! Here are some Thanksgiving pics to enjoy!

And how could I forget?! We finally purchased the flat screen TV we said would be our wedding gift to one another instead f big gifts that day! We went into Best Buy last Sunday to let Derrick look at some video game he wanted and we came out with a 46' TV! Now, because my car is too small for that size TV, my left side passenger door is broken, because we crammed it in. The awesome deal we got on it will be made up for in the Honda bill :) But at least we have a TV!

This year, I am thankful for:
-being able to celebrate our first married Thanksgiving
-Weight Watchers for helping me not gain 10 pounds after Thanksgiving
- My wonderful, expanding family
- The life I have been given and the places it is taking me
- My sister's journey of wedding planning and being a part of it
- My sweet brother's baptism
- The opportunity to celebrate with 2 families
- There are many more!

Here are some Thanksgiving pics to enjoy:


Wedding Dress Shopping!

Having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment