Friday, February 19, 2010

Playing Catch Up

That's how life feels right now... like I'm constantly playing catch-up.

Grad School has finally slowed down.... Thank the Lord! I didn't know if I would make it there for a while. Hospital Homebound is also over. I had a lot on my plate during that time, but it was a blessing to be able to do that. I am almost down with these sets of classes and I move on to new ones! So pumped. By the end of April, I will have completed 13 hours. May I just go ahead and mention how thankful I am for friends doing this with me. I may have commented on it before, but it makes a world of difference. A co-worker, and a good friend are joining me and we are pushing through, with the help of one another. Stephanie and I have really been enjoying our time together.. maybe too much. Again, thankful.... for a close friend to get through grad school with, and I'm thankful she's married. It's so fun and encouraging to have a friend my age, married, that I can hang out with regularly. And it's great to have Lynn, too, my co-worker. Always nice to have that daily conversation about assignments we forgot to do :) ok... not really. I'm too OCD to forget about assignments :)

Derrick and I decided that Valentine's Day is much different when you share a bank account. Because of that, we decided to forgo buying gifts. Dinner the next week was more important :) But we did treat ourselves to a nice dinner out, just enjoying one another.

I've started the job application process again... SHOOT ME! I really hope this is the last year I have to apply all over the state of GA. It's stressful, time-consuming, and the fount of hope is running dry. I know, great attitude. I've not run out of hope, however, it is frustrating to hear, "We won't be hiring" over and over and over again. But I'm pressing on, and getting things turned in! And keeping my eyes open for opportunities.

Leslie is getting married next weekend, and I'm so excited! More details on that after the big day!

Other than that, not much is going on here. We are still loving life, loving being married, and loving each other! For now, at least. We also can't believe it's been almost 9 months! I thought the years got faster all through school, but I was convinced they would drag on until retirement. But that just might not be the case!

No comments:

Post a Comment