Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Nugget

The word Nugget may mean an array of different things to you. When I think of nugget, I think, Chick-Fil-A, most importantly! I also think jewelry, like the pendants. I'm sure I could muster up quite a few other meanings. But in this house, a nugget has a whole different meaning. One I'm even slightly embarrassed to blog about.

There is a tale, that in the little town of Dahlonega, that if you reside here for more than 4 years, you are deemed a Nugget. Now, I went to college here for 4 years. So I was quickly approaching my allotted time before I would have the name. But after marrying someone who works for the college, I had no way of escaping my destiny!

Before I continue, have you know that I love this little town. Derrick, too! I mean, he loves it, too. However, I rely on the cities of Gainesville and Cumming to stay in their respective areas and continue to grow. But with both of those towns nearby, I'm great! Dawsonville even grants me my sanity from time to time. So, I am in no way, hating on this town. It is also a town of many classes. As in, high class and low class. Unfortunately, the term nugget is seems to be more deemed to those in the poor class. I'm fairly nervous to blog about what all being a nugget entails. Just use your imagination :) One hint..... shoes, in this town, are not a must.

So, on to the story. It was time for Derrick and I to get our new tags. We had been putting this off for quite some time, seeing as how neither of us were anxious to have "LUMPKIN" plastered all over the back of our vehicles. No matter what you drive, if Lumpkin is on the back, there is just a stigma attached. It has been an ongoing joke with our families, as well. Unfortunately, we could no longer put it off. Honestly, I think God is getting a little chuckle out of it, after my years of poking fun. Actually, he probably wouldn't call us that. I think it's kinda derogatory! But funny, nonetheless.

Moral of the story..... We are officially nuggets. Life, as we know it, will never be the same :) Unless of course, Lumpkin is plastered over the back of my future Toyota Sequoia!

4 comments:

  1. lol- I guess I have now exceeded that time frame as well. I have now resided in Lumpkin for a total of just over 5 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to be a nugget with you! Thomas and I are coming back to Dahlonega to live once we are done with training here in Minnesota!! Maybe our kids someday will all be little nuggets together!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if we can't afford shoes, we know they will fit in :) jk. Where will ya'll be living?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just starting to look. Won't be moving officially until July, but we are hoping for something on the Hall County side. Thomas will be servicing pretty much evrything east of Dahlonega, but we wanted to live in Dahlonega so hopefully everything will work out!! I'm looking foward to being back in Georgia and away from cold and snow!!! Give me no shoes-- nice people any day!! Lol!!

    Mallory and Thomas

    ReplyDelete