Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Beginnings

Well, it has been quite a while, but we have been very busy! Trying to tie ends up before the holidays for everyone is quite the feat, and we were no exception! From work, to shopping, to many other things, we had a lot going on!

This year, we were able to celebrate Christmas with both families, which is always a blessing! We started Christmas Eve at my parent's house and had Christmas morning, and by morning, I mean 4am, because that's when my brother got up! And ventured to Derrick's neck of the woods for Christmas afternoon. And of course, we were spoiled with gifts! We both got to spend time with some of our best friends on different occasions, so that's always fun!

In new news, Derrick and I will both be beginning our Master's programs this month. Excited? Not really. But nonetheless, we'll be getting paid more! For me, if I don't do it now, I never will. And luckily, Stephanie and another teacher-friend will be accompanying me, so I won't be so lonely. The first few weeks will be very busy with an Orientation class I have to attend, as well as my Hospital Homebound teaching starting, but I know it will go fast!

I ask for prayers as I embark on the job search process again. In the next couple of months, I will have to begin the application process again and am not very excited, but I am eager to see what is in store as far as teaching goes. Parapro-ing is fine for now, but it's not where I want to be for much longer!

But most importantly, no rats have been sighted (or heard) in this apartment since my last post! SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment